Widespan Standoffshelters Overview
The Redpath widespan designs of clear roofed dairy housing shelters offer an efficient shelter system for NZ farmers. The widespan series is offered in 6m, 8m, 9.6m, 10.65m 11.2m and 12.2m spans. All of these spans may be inter-connected with each other or they may include a 6m or 8m width central drive-thru service lane or feed-lane.
Ventilation can be an important consideration for the herd in summertime and Redpaths full length rack and pinion roof ventilation systems located along the ridge line offer superior managment of internal temperatures. The roof ventilation system is usually fully automaticaly contolled howeve if required a manually operated roof vent can be supplied.
Durashelter super-heavy duty 260 micron clear long life roof membrane is used. Durashelter offers a high level of light transmittance and allows PAR (photo-synthetic active radiation) to pass through it and this has a substantial effect on the drying of the floor and the floorings health.
The sunshine through the clear roofing reduces excessive the liklehood of any wet soggy floors, limiting the incidence of bacteria growth and any ammonia build up.
This becomes particularly important during winter which also coincides with the shelters most intensive use.
Redpath supply a factory warranty for its designs and the frame is heavily protected against corrosion. Poles that enter into the ground include a PVC sleeve outer protection for additional security of the hot dipped coating.
All Redpath shelters include a wind warranty, and are supplied with high wind engineeering to suit New Zealands naturally windy climate. Redpath has more than 30 years, and with many hundreds of dairy shelters supplied and erected nationwide giving us a vast experience in the Dairy and animal shelter industry.
Contact Redpath to discuss these options further
- Span / Bay Widths: 6m,8m, 9.6m,10.65m, 11.2m, 12.2m
- Post spacing lengthways: 3 metres between posts (6m spacing is also an option)
- Height to gutter options: 2.5m, 3m, 3.5m, 4m, or 4.5metres
- Apex height: Up to 7 metres
- Side ventilation: Optional - (automatic or manual)
- Roof cladding: 10 Year 260 micron Durashelter, special Redpath warranty applies!
- Roof cladding anti-drip package: Included
- Storm cladding system: Redpath aluminium storm-proof roof retaining system included
- Frame Guard Tape: Polyguard fitted to all roof members that touch the plastic included
- Gutter design: Wide "walkthrough" Vee gutter, steel, gives easy & safe access to roofline.
- Rainheads: Included as standard 100% corrosion free
- Footings: Typically 1.3 metre deep x 0.450 diameter (soil type dependent)
- Wind load: 145kph, greater if required
- Snow load: Yes, snowload compliant up to 50kg m2
- Shadescreens: Supplied with building upon request
- Installation: Yes nationwide including building permit application/processing. Kitset only is also an option.
- Main assembly: all bolted design, Rubber sleeves (3mm thick) fitted to all poles at ground contact for superior anti-corrosion
- Warranty: Yes, Redpath 5 Year gold series manufacturer's warranty, with extra warranty on coverings
Building options & Accessories page Click HERE
- Overhead shade screens for summertime housing
- Roof Ventilation Design: Double ridge butterfly, or Single ridge full length vent system. Automatic or manual operation
- Heavy duty roll up wall ventilation system
- Side eave hangers
- Header rails
- Gable end vent screening
- Sidewall shelter screens
Free Ph 0508 733 728 or use the enquiry form below:Enquire now