Pitched roof - ridge vented designs
Pitched roof ridge vented designs
The Redpath pitch roof ridge vented designs are the top of the line designs from Redpath. Used for year-round production of vegetables, flowers and nursery crops that require accurate environmental control irrespective of the outside conditions.
These designs may be twinskin or singleskin clad with Duratough or Durashelter ultra long life greenhouse film with a service life of ten years +. The cosecant rafter "A" frame truss design is a unique Redpath feature and it allows superior light transmission through to the crop via reduced overhead structural shading. The truss/rafter design is also shaped so that any internal condensation is prompted to run to the edge of the roof sheets. By reducing condensation sunlight transmission to the crop is further improved and damage from potential overhead dripping is reduced.
The ridge ventilation system can be either single facing or double ridge "gull wing" type allowing you to partially ventilate the greenhouse even in poor or wet/humid weather conditions yet still allow moisture and rain to run off the ventilator opening. The roof ventilator also includes aluminium draft strip upstands along the full length of roof vent closure points which provide a superior weather flashing and vents are fully automatic operating or available with a manual option.
Gutters are a solid long-life 250mm wide structural part, and are a 'walkthrough' design. All gutters have a powder coated exterior and include a 100% rust-proof rain head at gutter ends. The gutters are included standard on outside pole lines also.
Redpath operates 16 construction teams, we manage the building permit application and can help with resource consents if they arise. We then build on your site using local builders that then continue to offer local after sales service. Redpath have supplied and erected 1000s of these designs throughout our 30 + year history.
Redpaths 5 Year gold series warranty applies
- Span / Bay Widths: 6, 8, 9.6, 10.6, 11.2, 12.2 spans (you can connect multiple spans side-by-side)
- Post spacing lengthways: 3 metres between posts (spacer beam for 6m centers is an option)
- Height to gutter options: 3m, 3.5m, 4m, or 4.5metres
- Apex height: Up to 7 metres
- Roof Ventilation Design: Double ridge or Single ridge vent system (or non-vented)
- Vent drive systems: High quality European design and equipment, with manual option.
- Roof vent upstand flashings & end weather flashings: Yes included as standard
- Side ventilation: Automatic or manual roll up walls in sides
- Vent mechanism: Durable geared rack and pinion system, European quality
- Roof cladding: Double or Singleskin Duratough 215micron or Durashelter 260micron long-life cladding
- Wall cladding: Double or Singleskin Duratough 215micron or Durashelter 260micron long-life cladding
- Greenhouse film anti-fog package: Included anti drip feature within the cladding
- Frame Guard Tape: All roof members that touch the cladding include Polyguard felt frame protection for longer cover life
- Doors: Sliding door with aluminium framed, aluminium base sheet with clear acrylic top section panels, doors may be in end or sidewall
- Footings: Typically 1.3 metre deep x 0.450 diameter (soil type dependent), Poles are sleeved for superior anti-corrosion
- Wind load: 145kph, greater if required
- Crop loading: 30kg m2, greater if required, crop kit system included on request. (overhead wire location by client)
- Snow load: Yes, snowload compliant up to 50kg m2
- Installation: Yes nationwide including building permit application/processing. Kitset only is also an option.
- Main assembly: All bolted design, HDG or Zinc + Powder coated surfaces warranty included
- Warranty: Yes, Redpath 5 Year gold series manufacturer's warranty, with extra warranty on covering
- Shade or Thermal screens systems
- 13m, 14m, & 15m spans see the VLA series of greenhouses
- Environmental controller with wind-speed, wind direction, rain, internal temperature control of roof and or side vents
- Insect screening or bird screening of roof vents, using Redpaths under slung screen system is optional