Quick-build budget tunnel
Redpath Quick-build budget tunnelhouse 5m or 8m width
The Redpath Quick-build budget tunnelhouse is suited to the Semi commercial grower, Nurseryman, Lifestyle, and Propagation, Berries, and traditional out door crop applications that require simple rain and frost protection and that do not wish to invest in a more substantial steel pole type design that requires concrete for footings.
There are two width of tunnel 5m or 8m wide at its base. The Quick-build tunnelhouses use no concrete for their construction - and instead has 'ground screw anchors' to secure the building to the ground, making them easily 're-locatable' and classed as 'temporary' structures.
Heavy duty Drashelter clear long life greenhouse film is used for their covering. Durashelter is the thickest and longest life extruded greenhouse film produced in New Zealand and at 260 microns it lasts and lasts often for more than 10 years service life.
Redpath Quick-build greenhouses are suited to sites with low to medium exposure, although a higher wind kit is available as an option. They are easy and simple to erect requiring only limited tools and building experience.
Click on the price box below to select the standard open ended tunnel lengths and prices.
You can then select various options for ends (choose closed end wall or door end wall), and then select if a roll up wall is required on one side or both. The roll up wall can also be automatic with temperature controller and 24v DC drive motor opening and closing the wall.
Redpath easy-build tunnelhouse are supplied in kitset form only, they are built buy owners or local fencing contractors typically. They do not include design engineering for council, as they are for semi-permanent non-permanent use only and use no concrete.
- Span / Bay Widths: 5m or 8m
- Arch spacing lengthways: 1.5m or 2m
- Sidewall height: 1.6m nominal
- Apex height: 2.5m for 5m wide, or 3.5m for 8m wide tunnel
- Side ventilation: - Available as an option, Select 1 or 2 roll up wall(s) below
- Ventilation drives; Manual eziwinder winch or full automatic roll up drives
- Roof & Wall cladding: Heavyduty Durashelter 260 micron 4 Year film included
- Frame Guard Tape: Polyguard fitted to all roof members that touch the plastic included
- Doors: Choose "door ends" option below. You may have one or two "door ends"
- Closed ends: Select "closed ends" from the options below. You may have One or two "closed ends"
- Footings: Screw anchor type no concrete required, (unless soil type is very loose)
- Wind load: Designed for sheltered sites, Higher wind option also available (see below)
- Installation: No, - Kitset only. Simple to erect, some basic tools & skills required.
- Warranty: Yes, Redpath 1 Year manufacturer's parts warranty applies
- Engineering: Not included, Re-locatable design temporary shelter for non-permanent use
If you purchase online using our secure shopping cart and the value is above $10,000, we will deliver to your mainland New Zealand address freight free! Note: this offer does not include a Hiab service or labour to unload the vehicle when the kitset arrives.
These greenhouses are manufactured to order, and a lead time of 15-20 working days applies.
Up to 99m length, longer lengths also available - please call free Ph 0508 733 728Enquire now