Standoffshelter Prices $
What do Redpath Dairy Standoffshelters cost ?
Redpath Dairy Standoffshelters can be surprisingly cost-effective. This is due to the fact that when you purchase from Redpath you are buying direct from the manufacturer with no "middle-man" in place. Redpath Standoffshelters may also be purchased through Farmlands stores with your Farmlands account. You can request a price by clicking on the green "enquire now" link at the base of this page.
Redpath source all their materials direct from the steel mill, plus all of the other major components of the building such as the aluminium fastening systems and specialty long life coverings are sourced by Redpath direct from the manufacturer. We bring these materials to you at the best possible price and on top of that have the choice of more than ten dedicated construction crews who are based nationwide and near to our customers to construct our shelters on your farm for the best possible price.
With these efficient sourcing and installations systems in place - Redpath can bring you a high quality building that offers years and years of service at a very affordable cost and often for less than $450 + gst per cow built on site.
Prices do vary of course for Redpaths different building design options:
For instance if the option of the increasingly popular "central feedout service lane" is chosen with a soft litter floor - then Redpaths price would typically be in the vicinity of $450 - $475 + GST per cow constructed on site.
However for a relativley straight forward shelter over an existing concrete feedpad where cow intensivity is higher - the cost on a sq/m basis may be less than $80 sq/m + gst. These price guidelines usually include the conrete for the footings, and the labour to construct on site the building in most parts of New Zealand.
Larger herds will often make things a little more cost-effective than smaller herds, whilst the farm site location and the soil conditions can also have an effect raising or lowering a small amount the building kitset and construction costs.
The decision on what type of floor is to be used can certainly affect build costs, and if choosing Redpaths 100% containment bunker system then the cost can be expected to increase due to the greater amount of concrete or use of the Redpath clay+ liner under-base and bunker system.
The typical major set-up costs in order of value to consider:
- The structure: Main overhead building including labour to erect (Farmers tell us that this cost typically represents 60% of the total cost of the installation)
- Site works: Creating the raised building pad + any drainage preparation
- Concrete work: Feed placement paths, Troughs, Turn-around areas at the ends of the building etc
- 100% containment floor: The Redpath 100% effluent containment bunker system will increase the cost of construction. The Redpath 100% containment system are utilises a specialy designed floor base with either a Heavy Duty liner or a concrete lined bunker. Some councils are requesting this style of design particularily if your farm is located in free-draining or fragile soils.
- Deep litter: If a soft floor is used the initial supply of woodchip (varies between 15m3 and $25m3) , the litter service life is typically 2-3 years when protected from rainfall.
- Other minor parts & accessories: Any council fee's, Gates, Plumbing, Water troughs etc
To assist with the above and as part of Redpath's service of supply we offer drawing details and guidelines on the siteworks profiles / falls, Drainage, Concrete side nibs / pathways etc. We also provide names for the woodchip supply + we handle the building consent process in-house for you.
Contact Redpath on Free Ph 0508 733 728 for a price today - or use the "enquire now" link below to request a price for your farm. Please allow up 48 hours for an accurate and no obligation estimate to be completed and sent to you in return.
NOTE: Redpath's advice is to complete any permit application over the winter /spring months , so as to allow straight forward and speedy construction of the Dairyshelter in the Summer/Autumn period