Rain Cover Design #6000F
Raincover 6m overview
The Raincover design is a tunnelhouse that features a one piece RHS box section arch to form its roof truss.
This structure is both cost-effective and speedy to build, yet is also a very durable even in the windiest of sites.
The Raincover model is popular for off-season crops, nursery crops, and any crop that require simple rain cover and shoulder of season protection.
The Raincover can be supplied with either singleskin Duratough 215 micron greenhouse film or energy efficient Duratough twinskin cladding. Super heavy duty 260 micron Durashelter singleskin ten year + cladding is also an option.
Crop support can be included in the design with ventilation being provided by either manually operated or automatic roll up sidewall or endwall blinds.
Forced airflow fan systems with rack and pinion side vents is also an option.
Insect screens may be fitted to all ventilator openings for pest exclusion if required.
- Span / Bay Widths: 6 metres
- Post spacing lengthways: 3 metres between posts
- Height to gutter options: 2.5m, 3m, 3.5m, 4m, or 4.5metres
- Apex height: Up to 6 metres
- Side ventilation: - standard roll up wall, manual or optional automatic. Rack & pinion side vents also available or forced air fan with cooling inlet pad system.
- Roof cladding: Single-skin or Twinskin Duratough 215 4 Year film (service life 6-8 years) (10 Year Durashelter also available)
- Wall cladding: Single-skin or Twinskin Duratough 215micron 4 Year film (service life 6-8 years) (10 Year Durashelter also available)
Shadecloth also available in green or white, half height or full height 3.66m width
- Greenhouse film anti-fog package: Included
- Frame Guard Tape: Polyguard fitted to all roof members that touch the plastic included
- Gutter design: Wide "walkthrough" Vee gutter, steel , gives easy & safe access to roofline.
- Doors: Sliding door with aluminium framed, aluminium base sheet with clear acrylic top section panels, doors may be in end or sidewall
- Footings: Typically 1.25 metre deep x 0.450 diameter (soil type dependent)
- Wind load: 145kph, greater if required
- Crop loading: 15kg m2 , greater if required, crop kit system included on request. (overhead wire location by client)
- Snow load: Yes, snowload compliant up to 30kg m2
- Installation: Yes nationwide including building permit application/processing. Kitset only is also an option.
- Main assembly: all bolted design, Rubber sleeves (3mm thick) fitted to all poles at ground contact for superior anti-corrosion
- Warranty: Yes, Redpath 5 Year gold series manufacturers warranty, with extra warranty on coverings
- Shade or Thermal screen systems
- White woven long-life Reflectamat greenhouse flooring cover
- Environmental controller with wind-speed, wind direction, rain, internal temperature control of side vents
- Insect screening or bird screening of side vents optional