Calf rearing - Permanent designs
Calf shelters Overview
Redpath Calf shelters are built both big and small !, we have buildings that provide shelter for calf rearers that produce more than 2000 calves per annum and others that just rear a dozen or so. The types of buildings will vary dependant on the size of the operation however typically the shelter is one of Redpath's 12.2m, 11.2m, 10.65m, 9.6m, 9.2m , 7.6m or 6m span designs. These may be supplied with a 'roof only' type covering or have the side and end walls closed in with simple shade textile. Another popular option is to fit 'roll up wall blinds' along the sidewalls (or to one wall) of the shelter which gives improved control in poor weather.
The Redpath Hi-Tunnel design is another option - for calf rearing as that design is a relocatable building and uses no concrete in its footing design. see here
* Span widths of different models: 6m, 7.6m, 9.2m, 9.6m, 10.65m, 11.2m or 12.2 metres.
* Post spacing lengthways: 3 metres between posts
* Height to gutter options: 2.5m, 3m, 4m, or 4.5metres
* Apex height: Up to 7 metres
* Roof Ventilation Design: Available in single ridge or double ridge system on truss designs 9.2m, 9.6m, 10.65m, 11.2m & 12.2m
* Vent drive systems: If this option is included then, Dutch high quality Ridder on truss style houses is used
* Roof vent upstand flashings & end weather flashings: Yes included
* Vent mechanism: If this option is included, then Ridder motors and controllers, indirect Geared rack and pinion system is used
* Side ventilation: Roll up sidewall ventilation is an option on all designs
* Roof cladding: Singleskin clear Duratough 210 micron, 4 Year film (service life 6-8 years) or (10 Year clear 254 micron Durashelter, or White shaded Durashade is also available).
* Wall cladding: Reinforced Polyweave film, or shadecloth sides (option dependant)
* Frame Guard Tape: Fitted to all roof members that touch the plastic
* Gutter design: Walkthrough Vee gutter, steel , gives easy & safe access to roofline.
* Doors: Optional extra, sliding door with aluminium frame - if required
* Footings: Typically 1.25 metre deep x 0.450 diameter (soil type dependant).
* Wind load: 165kph, greater if required
* Snow load: Yes, snowload compliant up to 50kg m2
* Installation: Yes nationwide including building permit application/processing. Kitset only also an option.
* Warranty: Yes, Redpath 5 Year gold series manufacturers warranty
Shade or Thermal screens
Environmental controller with automatic roof or side vent control
Insect / bird screening of ventilation systems
Roll up side-wall blinds
Half-height walls for Calves to walk through beneath